What an inexpensive method of removing rust stains from linen items?

GlennaNancy EarnestHillela G.
+4

Janet Pizaro

Try a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda into a paste,cream of tartar and lemon into a paste.
  • Ibz1492
    Ibz1492

Squeeze fresh lemon juice on the stain... put in direct sun.... Be careful if you have a coloured fabric.... Repeat if necessary... Works for us always
  • Millie 3739
    Millie 3739

I buy and sell vintage linens. I buy the liquid rust remover (at hardware store) and put a little on the rust stains. But if the stain is all the way through the fabric do not use the rust remover...it will remove the stain but will leave a hole in fabric.
  • Mimi22
    Mimi22

I keep a bottle of Whink in the back of the laundry cupboard. A few drops on a dampened stain and it will disappear before your eyes. Launder as usual. I have never used it on linen, so try it on a hidden spot before you go gung-ho. Be careful with it, as it is dangerous to counter tops etc. I put the item over a glass bowl or large measuring cup, spray it with water to dampen and then put a drop or two of Whink on it. I found this product at Wal-mart in the laundry section, but our store doesn't carry it all the time.
  • Hillela G.
    Hillela G.

Vinegar an baking soda are the magnificent duo that will help!
  • Nancy Earnest
    Nancy Earnest

I use iron out. Works very well
  • Glenna
    Glenna

Lemon juice & salt in sunlight