Bedroom Makeover - DIY Pallets Bed / Wallpaper / Frames

$600
1 Day

Give your bedroom an fancy makeover: pallets bed, concrete wall and frames
We decided to give our bedroom a new look. After endless negotiations with my wife (insert happy emoji here) we decided to let go of the white walls and get a concrete wallpaper, make ourselves a pallets bed, and get some cool frames to match. The wallpaper and the frames we bought online, and for the bed we got some pallets from an industrial park nearby and did it ourselves.
I found in the industrial park lots of europallets, and I got 12 at a price of 8 € per pallet. In the end I end up using only 6 pallets so the whole purchase cost me 48 €
TIP: be sure to get pallets that are not chemically treated and have the standard measurements.
Then I cleaned and smoothened the pallets at a friend's auto-service using tools that I founds there. This is optional and depends on your preference. I like them more smooth than rough, therefore I worked on them a few hours. For more details see the video at the beginning.
TIP: Use a flame to give them a brown-ish color. Looks cool !
I transported the pallets at home and arranged them where I wanted my bed to be. In this picture I used two layers of pallets, but in the end it was to high for my me, so I end up with only one layer.
The end result was a happy wife :)
For the wallpaper we used the designs from Pixers Wallpapers. They have a bunch of patterns to choose from and they cut the wallpaper to your custom size. Also, very very helpful is the self adhesive material i.e. you can peal off and reattached the material as many times you need. Therefore mistakes are allowed :)
We were very happy with the result as it totally changed the look of the room.
Voila !!!
For frames we ordered some photos, maps and quotes + frames from Desenio.
The match well :)

• Pallets  (Industrial park + DIY)
  • Wallpaper  (Pixers Wallpapers)
  • Frames  (Desenio)

To see more: http://www.irinahp.com/blog/2017/6/changes-at-home-part-1

• Melody Warren

Since I have never used pallets, what are the "standard" size and how do I tell if they are chemically treated? TIA
    • Grace Gleason

There's a lot of info easily found on the Internet. In the US: The treatment code : [HT] = Heat treatment / [MB] = Methyl Bromide / [DB] = Debarked / [KD] = Kiln Dried.

Beautiful bedroom, but you do need some sort of headboard or you'll have 2 oily spots on the wall.
  • Ann Rowland

I would like to see more detail about the pallet bed construction. And as someone else has already asked what is a standard size, but also what size mattress are you using.
  • Joann Cannon Travis

Did you use a box spring too?