Making a Scented Soy-Wax Candle

$10

Making a soy wax candle is a fun, relaxing and rewarding hobby. Home made candles make a beautiful gift for any occasion and for any one. Here I will show you how I make them.
What You Need

• Soy Wax
  • A Pyrex jug to put in a double boiler saucepan (heat safe jar or measuring cup)
  • Thermometer
  • Candle glassware / mason jar
  • Wick
  • Fragrance oil
  • Wick holder
  • Spoon (to stir your wax)
Hot glue + glue gun to glue your wick to the base of the jar 
First, glue the wick to the centre of the jar.
Then melt your soy wax in a Pyrex jar until it's completely melted (the measurement ranges on how big your mason jar is). I do this by placing the Pyrex jar in a pot of boiling water.
Using your thermometer, check the temperature of the wax at approx. 80-82 degrees Celsius and add any fragrance oil of your choice. Stir for the next two minutes to make sure the oil is completely infused into the wax. Add more drops of oil for a stronger scented candle. Then you can choose to color your wax. Once your wax is ready, pour it into the mason jar you have prepared with the wick.

And there you have it, project complete! You can choose to embellish the jars.

• Soy Wax
  • A Pyrex jug to put in a double boiler saucepan
  • Thermometer

31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute

• Fer Boullosa Pazos
    Fer Boullosa Pazos

¿Inspirado? ¿Intentarás este proyecto? ¡Deja que el autor lo sepa!
  • Paige
    Paige

Great candle DIY! I LOVE it, it's so cute

My interest in being the best candle maker I could be, lead me to take many classes to learn how to perfect my art. I also read books and researched everything I could.

I discovered that while there was tons of information available, only a tiny bit of it was actually useful. I was also fortunate to have the help of many candle makers from whom I learned how to be a master at candle making and how to impress everyone with my great smelling candles.

Candle Making 4 You equips me with the knowledge and skill so I can make my own candles in the comfort of my own home. I save money and make money at the same time. Several bonuses will also be mine when I purchase this system.

It's a course that teaches you how to become a professional candle maker for fun or profit. I highly recommend it. Here's a link to their site.