How to Build Cinder Block Steps

$100

I needed some steps going out the back of the garage because the step down was very far. After scouring the internet on how to build regular steps and watching a ton of videos on YouTube, I figured there had to be an easier way.
how to build cinder block steps
So, I drew up some plans for steps and started researching materials to build the steps out of. Then, another search. This time on using cinder blocks to build steps.
how to build cinder block steps
There are other videos out there but they didn't outline the process very well and didn't include the cap stones like I wanted.
how to build cinder block steps
So, back to the design board in laying out how these were going be installed. A quick trip to the hardware store to buy materials, some basic prep work and voila...simple, easy, and inexpensive steps anyone can do!
how to build cinder block steps
how to build cinder block steps
These were very easy to build and cost less then $100.
how to build cinder block steps
how to build cinder block steps
Below is a step by step video of my project and it only took part of the weekend to do!
The video outlines all the steps necessary to build these cinder block steps. The links below are to all the materials used in the build.
how to build cinder block steps
If you have questions, leave them in the comment section below.

• Lla27865921

What did you fill holes of cinder block with? Looks like dirt. Does that strengthen steps?

• Mary

Yes it helps to strengthen and keeps the blocks from moving

• DORLIS

I want to extend my porch so I have more room to move around, possible to do this by adding blocks at same heigtht as porch?

• Bijous

Houses are made of cinder block, so you could expand your porch. However, you'd need to go below your frost level for a footing, cement the block together and maybe even have to use rebar, depending on building codes. Good luck.

• Mary DiGiallonardo

Why didn't you put quick cement in the holes of the cinder blocks and on top to make sure the square ones wouldn't shift?