Jill B
Jill B
  • Bismarck, ND

Trunk LOVE

I am in love with trunks. All kinds. All sizes. I love this one in particular. I can just tell it crossed the great ocean with petticoats, treasures and books stowed inside. It had great details that just needed a little attention to show them off. The interior smelled very musty and moldy, but I used scrap paper and mod podged about 50 sheets into it. Now there is just a faint smell of GLUE! I can live with that. I used Annie Sloan graphite and chateau grey chalk paint to bring it to life.
LOVE this!
LOVE this!
before
before
during
during
trunk love, chalk paint, painting, repurposing upcycling
before
before
inside was okay, but stinky...okay it was nasty.
scrapping the nasty away
scrapping the nasty away

• Sandy Johnston

I have my grandmother's trunk from Italy. It is a flat topped and is entirely embossed tin except for the wooden pieces that outline sections. Did you refinish the tin on your trunk? If so, what did you do. I see alot of people who paint the tin but I don't want to do that.? Thanks.

• Jill B

Sandy, I am so sorry I never replied. I ended up getting sick and hanging up my paint brushes for a few years. I did paint the tin with Annie Sloan paint. I just tried to stay as true to the original colors as possible.

• Fiona Pumilia

Oh I love this!