Bench Makeover With an Animal Print Skirt

Hi friends, hope you are keeping warm where ever you are. I wanted to show you how I made over my vanity bench with a little paint and an animal print skirt. Sometimes when I’m making over something or repurposing and looking for fabric I always keep clothing in mind too as it can be a great resource and you can find things for a couple dollars when you’re thrift shopping or yard saling. When I found this little piano bench it was white with a roses n floral print cover. So when I redid our bathroom on a budget I looked to what I had. I painted this black with paint we had in the house. I found this darling animal print skirt at a thrift store for $3 and cut it open and the side seam was already there. You can see the roses print here. I then wrapped the animal print fabric over it and stapled it on. You know I’m seeing a layer of burlap under that roses print that may have to be considered when this get’s the next makeover….lol. I also used some more of the fabric left to add trim to some hand towels and a border to the little drapes too. And that’s how I gave my vanity bench a little makeover with an animal print skirt. Total cost to me was $3. I use it everyday when I get ready too. I mean us older girls need to take our time to get beautiful right? or at least some of us…lol. If you want to see the rest of the Animal Print Bathroom there is a post on it too. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day, Lisa

15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
ConcordCottage.com with Lisa Walsh Huff Kroll

• Holly Moore

That is fantastic! It must have been a long skirt! You were able to add so many matching accents. I have two similar vanity benches and one is just begging for a makeover like that. Thanks for the inspiration!