My wall paper is ripping over joins in gib wall. How can I remedy this

I think its caused by house movement. 60s split level home.

  5 answers
  • 2dogal 2dogal on Jul 26, 2017
    If your house has shifted or settled, you need to correct that problem before you do any repair work. If it does it again, all your work will be for nothing.
  • Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Jul 26, 2017
    I'm with Sal. Make sure there isn't a structural issue and a possibility of more movement. Me, I'd remove the wallpaper with hot water and fabric softener. Spackle any holes, then paint. I always apply two coats of paint allowing proper drying time between coats. You'll be happy you painted. It's less expensive than wallpaper. Best of luck.
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jul 26, 2017
    Strip paper and add Jointing tape over joins in plasterboard, then replaster over joint . Let it dry out, then re- decorate
  • Gary B Gary B on Jul 26, 2017
    Look for a product in a spray can, in the paint section, called Cracks be Gone. If the crack is large then caulk first with an elastomeric caulk then spray over the caulk then prime then paint or rewallpaper
  • Gillian Hill Gillian Hill on Jul 30, 2017
    Very helpful. thanks
Your comment...