My Porch Garden

55K Views
This is my much beloved porch garden I take pride in it for a very personal reason. Several years ago, while vacationing in Key West, I suffered a massive stroke. The emergency room doctor told my husband that I would not live through the night. Now I use the strengths I do have to do what I love- create beautiful things.
Time: 1 DaysCost: $10Difficulty: Medium
  • my porch garden
Attached are a number of photos of my porch garden. Once an avid gardener, I had to come up with a way to continue doing something that I really enjoyed. Living in North Florida, I had to research plants that would stand up to the stifling Florida heat, yet provide beautiful colors.
  • my porch garden
I love the mixture of purples, yellows, and pinks, contrasted by the dark and light greens. I enjoy sitting in my garden getaway while enjoying a cold, refreshing drink.
  • my porch garden
  • my porch garden
  • my porch garden
The perfect pop of colors and textures that I have been working toward.
  • my porch garden
  • my porch garden
  • my porch garden
Don't let anyone tell you what can't be done. With a little time and a lot of determination, you can do it.
  • my porch garden
  • my porch garden
Thank you for looking at my lovely little garden. I hope you enjoyed. Peace be unto you.

Suggested materials for this project: