DIY Rustic Dresser

$60

This was a fun lil character piece! I love mixing rustic stains with a fresh coat of paint. Check out the video or photos below to see how I flipped this dresser from drab to a rustic fab!
The first order of business was to strip the stain off the drawers. I sprayed this stripper on the wood, let it sit for approximately 30 minutes and then scraped it off!
After stripping the drawers I sanded it down to the wood until it was clean and smooth.
I next used a dark stain. Because the wood was fairly damaged it didn't pick up the stain as well as I had hoped. But I ended up leaving it this way as I thought it added a nice rustic feel to the drawers
I then used a semi-gloss polyurethane to cover the drawers. Using the semi-gloss keeps the rustic feel.
I then picked up some new hardware from Hobby Lobby!
I then painted the rest of the dresser grey!
And there it is!
I topped off this dresser off with these nice moss balls from http://www.commercialsilk.com/ These are a great way to add some nature to your home without worrying about them dying! Check 'em out if you need a little help in the plant department

• Mini

You did great... it looks fabulous!

• Debbie

This a gorgeous. it looks like it is so pricey. Is that grey are a little green