DIY Rustic Dresser

$60

This was a fun lil character piece! I love mixing rustic stains with a fresh coat of paint. Check out the video or photos below to see how I flipped this dresser from drab to a rustic fab!
The first order of business was to strip the stain off the drawers. I sprayed this stripper on the wood, let it sit for approximately 30 minutes and then scraped it off!
After stripping the drawers I sanded it down to the wood until it was clean and smooth.
I next used a dark stain. Because the wood was fairly damaged it didn't pick up the stain as well as I had hoped. But I ended up leaving it this way as I thought it added a nice rustic feel to the drawers
I then used a semi-gloss polyurethane to cover the drawers. Using the semi-gloss keeps the rustic feel.
I then picked up some new hardware from Hobby Lobby!
I then painted the rest of the dresser grey!
And there it is!
I topped off this dresser off with these nice moss balls from http://www.commercialsilk.com/ These are a great way to add some nature to your home without worrying about them dying! Check 'em out if you need a little help in the plant department

25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Everything Red For Canada Day
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time

• Mini

You did great... it looks fabulous!

• Debbie

This a gorgeous. it looks like it is so pricey. Is that grey are a little green