Funky Footstool

$4

I found this old FujiFilm box at a thrift store and knew I had to make a foot stool for my balcony.
funky footstool
It's about 14" by 14" by 9". I love things that do double duty so this can store things as well as being a comfy, light weight foot stool.
funky footstool
Using plastic table cloth material, I knew it would be water resistant. And I knew I wouldn't need but 1/3 of it so I could use it for other things.
funky footstool
I cut the strips into about 1.25" and went to work.
funky footstool
Gluing from any corner, I wrapped them around, gluing on the corners and the wide side in the middle.
funky footstool
When done, I measured what I needed for the cover and found some old batting.
funky footstool
funky footstool
I made sure the fabric would go over the sides of the lid and "squish" down the batting. Then I cut and began to glue. I couldn't glue and shoot the photos so I just trust you all to know that I glued each opposite side. Then I folded two mitered sides and glued them down like a gift wrapping.
funky footstool
I put some black buttons on the lid after this shot. It's comfy and when I want to keep potting supplies inside I can. Other things could be sun screen if you are on the west side like I am. You can put ice packs inside and keep cold drinks, etc.
funky footstool
funky footstool

• Plastic box of your choice  (Goodwill)
  • Plastic table cloth  (Goodwill)
  • Hot glue gun, scissors, spare buttons  (Had at home)

• Mamaem

Why did you cut the fabric in strips?

• Sandra Allen

Because the box tapered down from wider to narrower. Not much but a bit. If you cut things into strips they become more forgiving and you can wrap "gradually". I hope that helps.