Repurposed Cheese Grater Into Towel Hook

$5

Some of the best zesty projects are ones that are a little more unpredictable. We always get excited when we see peeps have those “a-ha!” moments and get giddy to decorate at home. Not only is today one of those moments, but its a quick and easy project that will leave your kitchen feeling creative and a bit more organized. Oh and a little Country living vibe! ha! Simply hit up your local thrift store to find a cute metal cheese grater and then grab your drill or hammer for an easy upcycle.

Photo Cred: Anya McInroy
First grab a pencil and mark where you will want your cheese grater to hang.
I made two marks in the larger grater hole side so I can place to screws there.
Next place either two nails or screws where your marked holes were.

Hang (near your sink) and have a quick easy rag quick draw!

Love how the industrial little organized corner of the kitchen turned out, cute yet functional!! Happy upcycling!

xo,
Sam

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Zest it Up

• Ilene

Looks a bit dangerous to me. What are the chances of "grating" your fingers when you hang/grab for the towel? Have you had this experience?

• CJ

If you are prone to accidents like that, as am I, then this probably isn't the right project for you.

Bear in mind though that the grater is hung upside down for this project so the sharp edges are pointing down thus reducing the risk.

The main point she is making is to repurpose things you may already have, to serve a new function.

I'd like try this, despite my tendency to be rather careless, it will be much safer than using my old grater for its intended purpose!

Since I still use my grater I'll be looking for one someone else has discarded.

• Dona Delight

Could you attach a picture? It sounds cool.

• Sue

I like this and I am going to make my own

• Carol Carrie

A really great idea, and makes everything look so neat and clean. May be using this for my next kitchen project. Thank you!

• Nancy

I made one of these too but went a little further. I cut a piece of cardboard the size of the smaller opening to make a bottom. I put my wooden spoons in the grater. I also painted mine and added a small artificial flower arrangement by wiring it to the outside.