Could you please give me a few tips about garden ornaments?

SharonMargaret17sunshine
+4

Janet Pizaro

what would you like to know
  • FL
    FL

I love garden ornaments! Birdbaths, bubbling fountains, wishing wells,
    lamp posts, concrete frogs, wooden birds, so many options! You find something you just love the look of, then make it the focal point of your rose garden or near your patio. It just draws the eye and creates interest in an unexpected place in a whimsical or unexpected way. A classic example is the sphere in an herb garden or the gazing ball in a garden! Here are pics:
  • Karen Krysowaty
    Karen Krysowaty

An old wheelbarrow that you can plant in, The gazing balls that you can make from old bowling balls and glass beads. You can pick a theme or just go with your heart. In our last home I had two metal soda fountain chairs I found and painted them a beautiful teal to go in with our Russian Sage.
  • Sheri Tovcimak
    Sheri Tovcimak

I am a fan!

• 17sunshine
    17sunshine

My yard and trees are decorated, for the most part, as something pretty but useful. The hummingbirds swing on their swings, they drink nectar everyday from their feeders. I've a birdbath on the lawn, next to tree, where various birds drink and bathe, diving into it (quite amusing). And, I love birdhouses. Antique stores are good places to find different/unusual houses. I have my first cup of coffee on the back patio just watching the birds eat and entertain each other, all to my enjoyment, too. As others have mentioned, old/rusted pcs. of furniture are interesting "art", either left natural or painted and used to hold potted plants. Mine holds plants which the butterflies like. I'll see many a caterpillar in the plants. Love the idea of an old ladder left in its aged form or painted and used to have a vine, such as Passion Flower or Mandevilla, grow up over and through the ladder. It's a haven for butterflies, too. Anything that has a function is great in the yard.
  • Margaret
    Margaret

Don't use too many or it looks tacky. Usually one or two pieces you love will do it. Brass looks nice and lasts forever.
  • Sharon
    Sharon

I have 2 birdbaths, one an enameled cobalt blue one.