Black Walls

1 Material
$100

I took the risk and boy did it pay off. This might not be for everyone but I'm obviously a risk taker and my husband over the years has grown to expect the unexpected from me.

looking from my kitchen into my all white family room. It needed some contrast. (Yes that's my son playing with a very large teddy bear) lol

Pulled shades and all furniture off the walls.

Before shot our kitchen pass through bar. You can see our house was built in 1950 and is concrete. So the flat white paint really hides that texture.

It's so much more dramatic!

Sorry no during photos. I was working alone and had paint on my hands 🖐🏼👣

changed pendants too.

I had a white fireplace and I since decided to paint the surround in a flat black for even more drama.

We also removed the old ugly gas logs and got a h bar for the flame and put black lava rock in so now fireplace has a blueish flame when lit. 🔥

Changed rug and brought back old coffee table. Changes the vibe. Bit more loungey.....

More updates to the furniture and rug and coffee table. We laid new waterproof flooring throughout home and remodeled the kitchen.

Also painted the fireplace a grey taupe color. It felt a bit heavy and I wanted some soft contrast.

The brown leather couches are modern and casual

That genuine marble coffee table is actually our old dining room table and my husband cut the base down to make it into the coffee table.

• Behr marquee Black Limousine satin paint.  (Home Depot.)
  • Leftover paint from another project for fireplace.

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
Spruce Up Your Plain Lamp With One Of These Great Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall

• Lana Hassell
    Lana Hassell

Jenni, that is Awesome! May I pitch an idea to you? How about picking up the red, green, blue, orange (the bright colors) in the rug and using them for the pillows on the couches, the throws on the ladder, and an accent or two on the walls?😘
    • Lina A
      Lina A

Looks amazing! Where did you find the coffee table!
  • Judy Williams
    Judy Williams

why don't you think the rug goes with the theme? Pick out one of the colors you like and add accents in that color- would make this room really pop and give it a warmer feel
  • Alison Jensen
    Alison Jensen

I MUST know where you got the rug and blanket ladder? Beautiful, excellent job!
    • Jeni Ann
      Jeni Ann

Alison I just saw this comment. I have the rug available for sale of your still interested! I’m in Redlands

• Heather Brown
    Heather Brown

Nice job! It really is hard to paint walls black! ^5

Love it!

• Julie Murphy
    Julie Murphy

Love, love love it. Great transformation. Love that Navaho rug on the floor. Black is so chic

JULIE from PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA