Catalog Floral Swag Knock Off

$81

I just made this great DIY floral swag. I am sure you get all of those same home decor catalogs I do. I am sometimes taken aback at the prices! I spotted a gorgeous floral swag in one of my catalogs and then I saw the price!!! $429!! I know they are high quality flowers and greenery, and it is a really good size swag, but over $400 for my front door?! I knew it was time to go shopping and make my own floral swag knock off! Gather up your coupons and follow along, and you can save money too! For more details on this DIY visit: Catalog Floral Swag Knock Off
catalog floral swag knock off
I began with a piece of styrofoam.  I wanted the florals to be secure in their base, and I knew this would work better than floral foam.
catalog floral swag knock off
I began pushing wire through the piece of styrofoam to make my hook to hang my swag from.  If you don’t put something beneath the wire, it will pull all the way through and cut the styrofoam.  I chose to use a piece of tape wrapped floral wire and made it into an “M” shape to keep it from cutting through the foam.  
catalog floral swag knock off
Here is another photo to show you how I pulled the wire through and down over the wrapped wire.  
catalog floral swag knock off
On the backside of the styrofoam I used the same technique and twisted the two ends of the wire into a circle to be able to hang my swag on a hook.  
catalog floral swag knock off
With my base hung on the door from a Command hook, I am ready to begin making my swag. 
catalog floral swag knock off
The inspiration swag is primarily greenery with a cluster of roses at the heart of it.  I cut apart some high quality vines and bushes and pushed the the individual stems securely into the styrofoam.  If you have trouble getting your stems to stay in the foam, you can attach the stems to a wood wired stick and push the stick securely into the base.
catalog floral swag knock off
I continued to build up the greenery on the base of my swag.  
catalog floral swag knock off
One of the thing I tired to do was match the greenery.  The artificial lamb’s ears and dusty miller added the gray as seen in my inspiration piece.  
catalog floral swag knock off
Even though I used the same number of roses that I could count in my inspiration swag, I felt my piece needed a little more of the pale pink color and added some pale pink ranunculus tucked in behind the roses.
catalog floral swag knock off
Yes, the $429 swag is lovely, but $348 lovelier? I don't think so! You can do this too, and you can change up the colors to what would look best on your door!
For more DIY on this project check out the blog post at Catalog Floral Swag Knock Off 
Celebrate & Decorate (Chloe Crabtree)

• Lpi26174594

how can I make simple kitchen cupboard latches

• Earleen

I want to build my swag for front door.Problem is,I have a storm door & not much room in between doors or it will become flattened.Any thinner ideas sort a say?

• I usually hang ours on the storm door with a wreath hanger. As long as you have a bit of overhang or porch to keep it out of the weather, it should be okay.

• Irene Binyon

I am going to do this project! You saved me a lot of money. I have double doors so have to double the project. My garden club is coming over in a few weeks to view my backyard not because I want them to but because the other person who was supposed to have this is ill. Man I have a lot of work to do. I am excited for your save!

Sorry but how can I find more of your projects?