Rustic Firewood Storage Shed

$20

As we get closer and closer to cooler weather, that means we get to make more fires!! Yayyyy!! Since we have time this summer, we decided to build something to keep the wood dry! No more wet wood! So Billy and I set out to make a firewood shed that was sure to keep our toasty fires burning strong. Plus I absolutely love any chance I get to zest with Billy- I love doing projects with him

rustic firewood storage shed
First we measured out how big we wanted our shed to be and cut the wood with this all in mind…

Our base was 5 feet long and our 4 posts were measured so the front two were taller than the back two to create a slope for water to drain. The front posts were 4.5ft and the back posts were a 1/2 inch shorter.
rustic firewood storage shed
Next we wanted to enclose the whole structure so we used old fence posts to make walls with a gap between each post….
rustic firewood storage shed
Voila! Time to build the roof!
rustic firewood storage shed
A pretty standard frame…
rustic firewood storage shed
But of course we had to make it look good from the front too…
rustic firewood storage shed
For the roof we used corrugated steel and cut the pieces by hand with metal cutting sheers
rustic firewood storage shed
A quick staple gun on the roof…
rustic firewood storage shed
We absolutely love the outcome! Feels like we added some farmhouse, rustic charm to the outside of our house!
rustic firewood storage shed
We really look forward to cooler weather!
rustic firewood storage shed
What are you doing to prepare for the winter? We would love to hear your answers below!
xo,
Sam
We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Zest it Up

• Janis K Harrison

Ummm...Shouldn't the ribs & gutters of the galvi roof be from the front to the back of your wood shelter? So the rain would sheet off....

• Paul

I really like this project! I also appreciate all of the comments from concerned readers. I plan to build it out away from the house. Can you tell me how deep you made your shed?

• Paul

How deep did you make the shed?

• Joanie

My style.....I love everything about it!!!

• Susan

I used to build something similar (no floor) for my GOATS! lol seriously , I did !