Get an Amazingly Clean Shower Curtain Liner Using Infused Oils

1 Material
$15

Clean your shower curtain liner with Infused Orange Oil cleaning spray
I have a beautiful bathroom! We had a flood a few years back and I was blessed with brand new everything! Heated new tile floors, a giant soaker bath, a new vanity with dimmer lights!! It is truly my getaway/spa!
My deep dark hidden secret is the nasty shower curtain liner that gets replaced yearly! This is so disgusting !!! It's kind of a heavy duty plastic which doesn't come clean in the washing machine. I am so embarrassed to share this and pray to GOD I am not the only one!
I have some homemade Infused Orange cleaner that I use religiously and decided to clean off that grime! Next I gathered my supplies and went to work! I picked up this little handy dandy micro fiber scrubby with a handle from the dollar store! It works like a charm!

I stepped into the bathtub and scrubbed and sprayed and rinsed until that gross, slimy yellow goo was removed! What a wonderful feeling to finally get that dreaded job done! I don't know but if you're like me, I procrastinate those miserable jobs until I just can't stand it anymore!!
I am so happy with my results! My gorgeous bathroom is clean, I have no more dark, smelly secrets, and it smells so orangey fresh!! Please like my Facebook page for Infused Oils and feel free to view my store! Also you can find the recipe for Infused Orange Oil on Hometalk under my saved items!

To see more: https://facebook.com/commerce/products/1556571651074199

• Shi33885981

How do I make orange oil

• Jill Ron Pike

I don't know about making the infused oils, but making orange cleaner is pretty simple, and has plenty of the orange scent. Take 2 oranges, peel them, placing the peels in a glass jar. Cover the peels completely with white vinegar. Let sit in fridge for at least 5 days to allow the oils from the orange peels to infuse the vinegar--up to 2 weeks if you want it really strong. Then use as you would spray cleaner. If you sprinkle baking soda in your oven before spraying, it makes a great oven cleaner. I saved this from an original post by Shawna Bailey, Hometalker in West Orange, New Jersey. Hope it helps!

• Kim Armstrong

Why not just buy a new liner for a $1 at Dollar Tree?

• Kelly

I wash my liner in the (clothing) washing machine...warm wash and rinse on gentle cycle with some towels to act as scrubbers,.... I found I can even tumble dry it lightly just to keep from dripping all the way back to the tub.

• Creative Moments

Can you share you orange oil recipe here?

• Kyralee

When I had the plastic type, I put them in the washing machine with two towels, a bit of OxiClean and bleach in the bleach dispenser. Then I add vinegar to the rinse cycle.

I switched to the microfiber ones last year because they are much easier to throw in the washer and they come out perfectly clean every time and don't dribble water all over when you take them out. Life-changing really.

• Laurinda

I throw my yucky shower curtain in the washer with Tide with Bleach plus a cup full of bleach and hot water and all that gucky ~ yucky ~ gooey ~ icky ~ stuff comes off without my having to scrub it off. But, I also decided to purchase a more “fabric”~ type liner which tends to get LESS gucky and yucky than the pure plastic ones yet keeps the OUTSIDE “pretty” fabric shower curtain nice and clean!!! (Hope that makes sense!)!!!

i underhand we all have our “favorite” ways!!!

Thanks for sharing your homemade orange oil recipe!!! I LOVE orange oil and had NO IDEA we could make our own at home!!! I have some ideas to use your recipe on, and am thankful I came across this today!!! 😊