Polish a solid brass bed

+4
  • Sunny C Sunny C on Aug 02, 2017
    Hello Eormond; I have used; CitriSurf Brass cleaner on an old bed, that was badly tarnished.
    On smaller jobs, I have used plain Ketchup!!!! If you desire, You could use that. It truly does work!!!
    I hope that this helps you clean your brass bed!!! Take Care!
  • Sunny C Sunny C on Aug 02, 2017
    Hello Eormond; I have cleaned an Antique Brass bed that was badly tarnished with CitriSurf. I had Excellent luck with this product.
    I have also used plain Ketchup, on smaller Brass and Copper items. It truly does work!!!
    I hope that this helps you with your Brass Bed!! Take Care!
  • Cynthia H Cynthia H on Aug 02, 2017
    Are you sure it isn't dirt on the finish? I've cleaned brass in the past with a sealer that has become worn and dirty. A gentle cleaning helps with that. If it isn't sealed, I've only ever used Brasso or ketchup. Either works.
  • Claire Amirault Claire Amirault on Aug 02, 2017
    i hate to be a kill-joy but have you ever thought of just letting it tarnish naturally? So much easier, and is what they used to do back in the day...
  • Peg Peg on Aug 02, 2017
    To me it would be very time consuming cleaning the brass with a brass cleaner.
  • Emily Emily on Aug 02, 2017
    Hi Eormond, this bed is a brass bed. I never polish it, it is Victorian. I think it doesn't need polishing because the bottom rail is handled often and the top rail has pillows and the drapery around it.