DIY-1920's Vintage Table & Chairs Redo

$505.00

Bought this vintage 1920's table & chairs on craigslist & breathed new life into it with a whole new look. Paid $375.00 for the table & chairs & $35.00 for clearance fabric. This piece was in darn good shape and was previously own by the same family since it was purchased in the 1920's! I feel blessed that they sold it to me. I used American Paint Company equal parts Navajo White & Home Plate, vintage furniture paint. Finished it with 3 coats of Min-Wax clear Satin Polyacrylic.
BEFORE: Old Mahogany Finish.
BEFORE: Old Raspberry Upholstery. Underneath was original peach velvet upholstery. Two layers was brutal to remove. Only cut myself twice on old rusty tacks, lol!
IN PROGRESS: Had to spray with Killz White Primer so no bleed through from old Mahogany finish.
IN PROGRESS: Has three leaves and will certainly come in handy during the holidays. After painting I sanded a few spots to shabby it up a bit. Then 3 coats of poly.
AFTER: Used new 2" foam, new heavy duty whimsical (almost painted look) black & white fabric to re-upholster.
AFTER: On two of the chairs I used a black & white paisley. I love paisley...it just says FUN.
AFTER: Love it...turned out fabulous!
AFTER: The legs are my favorite part. I am a wee bit obsessed with furniture legs!
Found this very heavy candelabra at a thrift store for $5.00. Can you believe it?! Um score, a girls gotta thrift. Found the quilted runner on ebay.
The table & chairs matched perfectly with a 1920's sideboard/buffet that I found a few months prior to purchasing the table & chairs. This room feel relaxing and peaceful and has totally been transformed.

12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style

4Β ofΒ 262 comments