Sewing Adult Bibs

$2.00
I have made these after someone gave my husband an adult bib. My husband suffers from a brain disease called FTD, you can go to my profile to get the full name. I am his caregiver/wife. I decided to make more of my own, and had so much shirting material. I got the hand towels from the $1 store which are a perfect size. I've made more for other families in need. They are super easy. It pays to know how to sew. :-)
sewing adult bibs, crafts, Here s the one that was a gift It only goes up to his waist I already had the material and the stabilizer Only bought the towels
Here's the one that was a gift. It only goes up to his waist. I already had the material and the stabilizer. Only bought the towels.
sewing adult bibs, crafts, Here t the one I made I know the material is cheesy but I have so much of this One friend suggested I make them longer
Here't the one I made, I know the material is cheesy but I have so much of this. One friend suggested I make them longer.
sewing adult bibs, crafts, Another suggested she wanted her s with a pocket at the bottom So I folded the towel up Cost me 2 for the two of them I did put stabilizer in the fabric part
Another suggested she wanted her's with a pocket at the bottom. So I folded the towel up. Cost me $2. for the two of them. I did put stabilizer in the fabric part.

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 6 questions

Comments

4 of 6 comments
  • Valerie Valerie on Apr 06, 2014
    What a wonderful gift of love! Does it simply get put over the head, or is there a closure at the back?
  • Jane Jane on Apr 08, 2014
    Hi Anna, I lived in San Antonio years ago-miss that river walk! I am a caregiver for my adult disabled brother and 87 year old mom. Can't tell you how grateful I am to run across this post. My brother needs a bib constantly and these look easy and inexpensive to do. We were paying $10-$12 each for inexpensive and ugly bibs. Some days we go through three or four bibs so that can get costly. I also like that these can be made to coordinate to his outfits. Let's face it a bib is a bib and hard to hide but at least these can be made in colors and fabrics that are a little less conspicuous. It is important to me to try to take care of him in a way that preserves his dignity when meeting his special needs.
    • Anna Ibarra Anna Ibarra on Apr 08, 2014
      @Jane Hello Jane, glad you got to experience our river walk. It has been extended to make walking such a nice treat. Our current mayor is a big advocate of stay healthy. It is so pretty, so I don't know when you last were here, but holler if you return. Thank you, wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in them, but someone gave me the first one pictured w/football that has a reverse pattern, so it can be dual use and not just one side. But the same reason that you want to make my own was the very same reason I did, so thank you for doing this for your brother. I too want to keep my husband's dignity and I value myself on him looking nice and respectful. I got the towel from the dollar store and I have lots of shirting material. They are so easy. Let me know if you want me to send you one, so you can make your others from. Not a problem one bit. From one caregiver to another. hugs to you Jane. ;-)
Next