IKEA HACK: 10 MINUTE FABRIC BOOK SLINGS

1 Material
$11

Do you have kids that love to read? Then they will love these quick fabric book slings you can throw together in just 10 minutes! And better still, it involves IKEA products (aren't Ikea hacks just the best? - you browse some of my previous IKEA HACKS on my blog.

The secret to this diy is : cutting corners - literally! Put away your sewing machine, because you wont be needing it this time!

Materials you will need:

1 pillow case (the exact source for the pillow case in my pics can be found on my blog)
1 x IKEA GRUNDTAL TOWEL BAR
Scissors
Fabric glue
Needle and thread
ikea hack 10 minute fabric book slings
HOW TO:

1. Turn the pillow cover inside out so you can see the sewing seams.
ikea hack 10 minute fabric book slings
2. You will need to remove the stitches from all four corners of the pillow case. With a pen, mark out the width of your rail so you know exactly how big to make each opening.

3.3. Start removing the stitches from each side
ikea hack 10 minute fabric book slings
4. Once you are happy with your openings, turn the pillow case back to the right side and add in a coupe of new over and over stitches to the base of all four holes.

Slide both  ends of the pillow cover  through the bars and assemble the towel rail accordingly.
ikea hack 10 minute fabric book slings
Then screw them into the wall, and you are done! Dont forget to click on my blog link below for full sources and details.
ikea hack 10 minute fabric book slings
I really enjoy sharing quick and easy to do tutorials on my blog. I recently made some waterproof planter bags from KRAFT PAPRER, click here to read all about it.

• Ikea towel rail
Medina at Grillo Designs

• Donna

one towel rack made this. ??????? i am confused on the assembly,

• Louise Larocque

I love your idea however more details are required as per the above and how do you bolt a rod to the wall?. More details please.

• Dee Ann Kennemer McFalls

She stated there were more details on her blog. There’s a green button that says ‘go’ click on it to go to her blog.

• Paula

I would love to do this project but I have no ideahow to do it from your tutorial. More instructions please.

• April Angel Heidenburg

i think you ave to click on her blog link for full sources & details, maybe that will give more details you are all looking for.

• Mindy Hansen

I use these racks all over my house for organization, but I never thought of using fabric, pillowcases, etc. The racks come in different sizes and with mounting pieces.