Basket With Handles for My Crochet Project

$2

I am moving from room to room and like to keep my projects organized so I can take them with me. I had this dollar store basket left over from some gift baskets, so I wanted to put it to good use. I can easily take it with me on long drives. The fabric was added to the basket so the yarn would not get frayed or damaged.
Dollar store basket with handles.
A scrap of fabric I had in the sewing drawer. Measure the top row on your basket and be sure your fabric is at least 4 inches longer than the measurement. You can always trim it after weaving it into the basket.
Snip into the fabric about 2 inches. Continue at 2 inch intervals or widths. My basket has six rows of holes, so I cut six 2 inch strips. This is cotton fabric, so once you have the snip into the fabric about 2 inches, grab the loose end and just rip it loose, it will stay at a 2 inch width.
This is the first strip. Before you begin weaving, just fold it in half lengthwise, frayed end down.
Starting at the bottom of the basket, begin weaving in and out of the holes. Begin where you want to have the knots finish.
when complete, tie the ends together with a knot.
View inside the basket.
Continue working up the basket. For the final row, I made that strip about six inches longer.
I tied a bow in the top row, just to add some more style. I also decided I really didn't like the knots showing up on the other rows, so I tucked them in and trimmed them off.
A view of the back of the basket.
Loading my yarn.
Loaded my current project, I am ready to go anywhere with it.
It looks so much nicer in my TV room. And it doesn't take up space to n the chair or table.

• Dollar Store Basket with Handles  ($1 Store)
  • 12x46 inch piece of cotton fabric  (Sewing Room)

18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs

• Glenda

How much fabric does one need for each basket please?
    • Carolyn L Hayes

12 inches would be 1/3 yard; yardage is usually 42 inches. Sew the strips together and then cut for layers.

• Nancy Ludwig

That is a funny coincidence.
  • Sharon Robel

This is nice with the fabric. I have seen these baskets made with yarn also. My friend made one using leftover yarns. It took several rounds to fill the hole and it was cute when finished. She hung it by one handle on a coat rack by the back door so the kids could throw their knit caps and gloves in it. You can get the baskets with smaller openings in shapes of squares or retangles. These are easier to fill in.