Elegant Country Chic Desk Redo

This desk was beautiful just the way it was, but I had a client who wanted it painted a creamy white. There is a fun detail that I added to this one, a trick many do not realize they can do to furniture, textured wallpaper!
You can also see more pictures at facebook.com/Shabby2UniquelyChic
Very Classy and elegant
Very Classy and elegant
This desk has so much charm and detail all on it's own, so it made it easy to make it look classy.
elegant country chic desk redo, painted furniture
My client wanted a dark Kona color stain on the top, so I used stripper and sanded it down smooth.
It took more than one coat of stain to get the dark color, the red mahogany wood wanted to peep through a little too much.
Here is the textured wallpaper I was talking about. Now this desk had the trim detail necessary to be able to use this paper. I go into detail in my blog on how to apply this paper so I am going to let you visit there to find out how.
I used a layering technique with different shades of paint and some glazing to get the wallpaper to have an old patina look to it.
Lauri Black / Shabby 2 Uniquely Chic

• Barbarac49

Love this desk especially the dark top and wallpaper! I used wallpaper on my ceiling in the den and it looks like a tin ceiling . I get so many compliments. Got the embossed paper at Lowe's.

• Drd4223999

Unique idea with the wallpaper! Love it!