Yard of Flower Garden Tour 2017
Organized Clutter
Organized Clutter
  • International Falls, MN

Yard of Flowers Junk Garden Tour 2017

$0
2 Weeks

My sister in law, Kris, is also a junk gardener like me. Each year she lets me share her awesome yard of flowers with annuals, perennials, and creative junk decor. Get inspired to create your own junk garden or YARD of flowers.
The Yard of Flowers Tour is a combination video and still garden photo tour this year. I hope you will be inspired to plan and plant your own junk gardens next year!
yard of flowers junk garden tour 2017
Every great junk garden vignette starts with galvanized planters and watering cans. Here a beautiful pink petunia cascades over a trash can, zinnias bloom in a boiler, and a geranium grows in a watering can. The trash can and watering can have Mod Podge image transfers on them that were protected with spar spray sealer. The images have held up well in the elements.

yard of flowers junk garden tour 2017
The purple coneflowers in the back row were fashioned from old nail barrel staves, rusty tin, and rebar. The flower power metal letters are also mounted on rebar.
yard of flowers junk garden tour 2017
You may think that this is white fencing, but you would be wrong. These white metal panels are parts from a patio canopy that Kris repurposed as a garden edging.
yard of flowers junk garden tour 2017
A salvaged brick and junk pathway accents this large island flower bed.
yard of flowers junk garden tour 2017
A bright colored "wreath" from springs, also created by Kris, hangs above a gnome in the junk garden.
yard of flowers junk garden tour 2017
Besides galvanized items, Kris uses rusty accents like the letter "stencil" and flower cutout.
More photos and inspiration from Kris's junk garden can be found on my blog.
Organized Clutter