Making a bench from an old headboard and footboard

I had this old headboard and footboard that was very ornate but selling double sized beds are hard to sell. I decided I would make it into a bench.
I called my son who is in construction and asked him to come over and help me construct it.
We used the boards that go on the frame to support the bed for the bench seat and the side rails for the front and back of the bench. We also cut the foot board in half for the sides.
I loved the look when we got it together so I set about painting it. I used a color I mixed to a robin egg blue. Then I detailed the details with a cream and used a red on some of the details to make them pop.
I then whitewashed over it all, shabbied it up and dark waxed it. I love it! Will be a little sad to sell it! I can't keep all the furniture I do or I think I would be a hoarder! LOL
So this is what we ended up with

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 32 comments
Next