An observation. I'm learning what city living must be like

+6
I'm born and bred country. Some of the questions asked might look silly to a country gal, until it dawned on me that the question-asking person might live in a high rise in N.Y. and has never run steer manure through her fingers..

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Aug 06, 2017
    Truth. Everyone has something different to offer .

• Stephanie Stephanie on Aug 06, 2017
    It's a very different lifestyle, I'm raised in a moderately sized city. The country is foreign to me, but I would also be completely lost in a huge city like NYC! It's very cool that we all have different backgrounds and have so much incredible information to share with each other!

• Cathy Dillon Cathy Dillon on Aug 06, 2017
    I am a suburbanite pretty much- I feel the need to share that at a farmers market I did not recognize brussel sprouts on the stalk. No, I don't have a clue about steer manure!

• WAYNE WAYNE on Aug 06, 2017
    OR LIKE ME IN ANOTHER COUNTRY

• Liz Toone Liz Toone on Aug 06, 2017
    Right, Barbara. As one who was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY and then moved to a more country style of living, I can attest to there being pros and cons to both living situations.

• FL FL on Aug 06, 2017
    Very true! I have experienced all types of living situations in my life! There is no such thing as a silly question, although I have been known to come close: In a city when I was told something was a few "blocks" away, I asked, "how far is a block?" (A block is one street to the next, so a few blocks is 3 streets away). Or someone telling me that a store is "kitty corner" from the library. Huh? (It means across the street and at opposite corners).

• Vivian Vivian on Aug 06, 2017
    Very true! Just moved to an apartment. Any tips on where to spray paint?

• Dianacirce70 Dianacirce70 on Aug 07, 2017
    I was born and raised in a big city, and my husband is from Louisville, KY. We had no idea of "country" until we bought our house in a very rural class 9 village. We did gardening, food and flower, and were rural enough to know some basics. But the things I've learned over the past 12 years I would have had no idea about before. I am glad to help, and try to never think of someone's questions as silly.

• Sharon Susa Courchesne Sharon Susa Courchesne on Aug 16, 2017
    That's a wonderful way of looking at things! We never know what someone has experienced in their life & we all have many different things to offer here.