Outdoor Sitting Area

$500

Change an old lean to into a nice sitting area for you and your gust.
This area is an 8 x 10 lean to that was an eye sore sitting across from our grilling shed where we entertained guest.
We placed a floating floor in the lean to. The floor frame is made out of treated 2 x 4's and bricks to level the floors frame. The material needed will depend on the size of your area and how well you want make your frame. Ours is pretty sturdy. We placed 4 studs across the inside of the frame and the 4 studs between seach section.
For the flooring we used treated 2 × 8 × 10 .
Then I covered to floor with a drop cloth and stained the walls with stain. The wood was still wet from the lumber yard so I have not sanded and stained it yet. I will do this in a month after the wood is good and dry.
I added tin to the wall. I did not like how shinny the tin was so I used toilet bowl cleaner to remove the shine to give it a rustic look.
Rustic tin- lay the tin flat. Wear kitchen gloves pour the toilet bowl cleaner o e the metal and use stainless steel pad to scrub it in. Let it sit for an hour and then remove the cleaner with water and let dry.
Put the tin up using screws. You can cut the tin to fit by using tin snips. You will see why I placed the tin up high in the finished photo.
I placed stepping stones on the out side of the sitting area to hide the foundation bricks. We placed an out door sectional and chair inside the sitting area. I had a small wood spool for a table. You can see why I placed the tin up high. The tin would have been covered by the furniture.
This is the view from the sitting area of the grilling shed. Now I have the guy hang out (the grilling shed) and the girl hang out (the sitting area). But they all end up in the sitting area by the end of the night.

Hillman 48604 Power Pro Premium Exterior Wood Screw, 10 X 4-Inch, 57...

25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Get The Outdoor Space You've Always Dreamed Of With These DIY Ideas
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada