Are window treatments mandatory?

+4
None of the windows on the main floor of my house have direct sight lines from the outside. I love the unobstructed natural light. Is it okay to forgo all window treatments?

• Peg Peg on Aug 06, 2017
    That's a personal choice.
  • Linda Linda on Aug 06, 2017
    i love the look, just take a look at night and make sure there nothing u dony want others to see.
  • Dana Dana on Aug 06, 2017
    IMO, ABSOLUTELY!!!!! We have lovely windows with great molding that overlook a wooded back yard. I would not cover them up for anything, even with the windows facing west.
  • Absolutely! If I did not have the blazing sun coming in my windows, I would just leave them bare, but have beautiful moldings surrounding the window frames for architectural interest.
  • R Walter R Walter on Aug 06, 2017
    Window coverings should suit your taste. I only have 2 1/2 inch blinds on my living room windows and that is because of the evening sunlight
  • Ana Bacallao Ana Bacallao on Aug 06, 2017
    Unless there is a privacy issue, you can definitely leave them "naked."
  • SandyG SandyG on Aug 06, 2017
    Mandatory, not unless it's an HOA policy. I have drapes on bedroom windows, but the rest are without covering and I love it.