Summer Flip Flop Wreath

$6

Looking for a fun way to celebrate summer? Make this colorful flip flop wreath! This wreath has summer-bright colors, comfy flip flops and takes just 15 minutes and $6 to make.
I bought 4 pairs of cheap, colorful flip flops, (affiliate) a ribbon bow, and curling ribbon at the dollar store.
I cut a piece of scrap cardboard big enough so that there was plenty of room for the bottoms of 4 flip flops on it.
I used my hot glue gun to glue the 4 bottom flip flops to the cardboard. Then I glued the rest of the flip flops diagonally on top of the bottom 4, so that each top flip flop was glued on top of the 2 flip flops below it. That may sound confusing, but it really isn’t. You just want to make sure they are all securely attached to each other.
Next I attached the ribbon flower with hot glue in the middle of the cardboard. I chose it because it stood up kind of high, so it worked well, sitting above the flip flops. But, a silk flower or paper umbrella or sunglasses would be cute, too.
Next, I simply draped the curling ribbon around the toe piece of the bottom flip flop. I just really liked it because it had ALL the colors of my flip flops!
I made a hanger out of left-over ribbon and hung my new wreath on my front door!
Here is my $6, 15-minute colorful summer flip flop wreath! It was super easy to make and will withstand summer heat and rain. See the full tutorial on my website: https://www.lifecreativelyorganized.com/colorful-flip-flop-wreath-get-your-summer-on/

Pam Hoepner

• Joanie

I wear flip flops year round and they hold up till I wear them out!! These little fella's should do just fine in the weather. This is a darling, little idea. Easy enough for me to tackle :))

• I made this wreath a couple of years ago and I have put it on my front each summer. I have even made a couple for family and friends who fell in love with it!!