Pam Hoepner
Pam Hoepner
  • Lithia, FL

Summer Flip Flop Wreath

$6

Looking for a fun way to celebrate summer? Make this colorful flip flop wreath! This wreath has summer-bright colors, comfy flip flops and takes just 15 minutes and $6 to make.
summer flip flop wreath
I bought 4 pairs of cheap, colorful flip flops, (affiliate) a ribbon bow, and curling ribbon at the dollar store.
summer flip flop wreath
I cut a piece of scrap cardboard big enough so that there was plenty of room for the bottoms of 4 flip flops on it.
summer flip flop wreath
I used my hot glue gun to glue the 4 bottom flip flops to the cardboard. Then I glued the rest of the flip flops diagonally on top of the bottom 4, so that each top flip flop was glued on top of the 2 flip flops below it. That may sound confusing, but it really isn’t. You just want to make sure they are all securely attached to each other.
summer flip flop wreath
Next I attached the ribbon flower with hot glue in the middle of the cardboard. I chose it because it stood up kind of high, so it worked well, sitting above the flip flops. But, a silk flower or paper umbrella or sunglasses would be cute, too.
summer flip flop wreath
Next, I simply draped the curling ribbon around the toe piece of the bottom flip flop. I just really liked it because it had ALL the colors of my flip flops!
summer flip flop wreath
I made a hanger out of left-over ribbon and hung my new wreath on my front door!
summer flip flop wreath
Here is my $6, 15-minute colorful summer flip flop wreath! It was super easy to make and will withstand summer heat and rain. See the full tutorial on my website: https://www.lifecreativelyorganized.com/colorful-flip-flop-wreath-get-your-summer-on/

• 4 pairs of flip flops  (dollar store)
  • Ribbon flower  (dollar store)
  • Curling ribbon  (dollar store)
Pam Hoepner

• Could also use the black "hooks" that come with the flip flops?

• Pam Hoepner

We use 2 of those out in the garage to hang work rags by the work bench.

• Helen

Cute idea! How did the hot glue hold up on door during summer months? I might use E 6000

• Nicki

I used E6000 and its holding well! Flip flops on other hand are getting deformed due to heat.

• Kathy Althoff

are the flip flops adult or children size.

• Pam Hoepner

These are children's sizes (because they were the ones who had such nice bright colors :)