Summer Flip Flop Wreath

$6

Looking for a fun way to celebrate summer? Make this colorful flip flop wreath! This wreath has summer-bright colors, comfy flip flops and takes just 15 minutes and $6 to make.
I bought 4 pairs of cheap, colorful flip flops, (affiliate) a ribbon bow, and curling ribbon at the dollar store.
I cut a piece of scrap cardboard big enough so that there was plenty of room for the bottoms of 4 flip flops on it.
I used my hot glue gun to glue the 4 bottom flip flops to the cardboard. Then I glued the rest of the flip flops diagonally on top of the bottom 4, so that each top flip flop was glued on top of the 2 flip flops below it. That may sound confusing, but it really isn’t. You just want to make sure they are all securely attached to each other.
Next I attached the ribbon flower with hot glue in the middle of the cardboard. I chose it because it stood up kind of high, so it worked well, sitting above the flip flops. But, a silk flower or paper umbrella or sunglasses would be cute, too.
Next, I simply draped the curling ribbon around the toe piece of the bottom flip flop. I just really liked it because it had ALL the colors of my flip flops!
I made a hanger out of left-over ribbon and hung my new wreath on my front door!
Here is my $6, 15-minute colorful summer flip flop wreath! It was super easy to make and will withstand summer heat and rain. See the full tutorial on my website: https://www.lifecreativelyorganized.com/colorful-flip-flop-wreath-get-your-summer-on/

31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Pam Hoepner

• Joanie
    Joanie

I wear flip flops year round and they hold up till I wear them out!! These little fella's should do just fine in the weather. This is a darling, little idea. Easy enough for me to tackle :))

• Denise Newman Cuevas
    Denise Newman Cuevas

I made this wreath a couple of years ago and I have put it on my front each summer. I have even made a couple for family and friends who fell in love with it!!