Deck Revitalization!

$800
Advanced

I am so very proud of my husband and I wanted to share! My husband was asked by his Aunt if he could re-build her deck. Now mind you my husband is a truck driver and not a carpenter. He has built decks over the years however never with plans just a vision in his mind. This one was the most intricate one that he has done and I am super proud of him and his Aunt loves it.
BEFORE
Here is one side of the before. Yes, this deck was the original to the house!
BEFORE
Here is the other side.
We spent the first day tearing the old deck apart. That was a chore! They used nails, many many nails! So we had to disassemble and make a parts list as we were doing so. It took the whole first day to get all of it tore down and out of the way.
DAY 2
Here it is at the end of day two! Our goal was to get the floor down by day two so that mission was accomplished!
Day 3
Here we are at the end of day 3! There was quite a bit of configuring going on with the stairs, as you can see there are raised portions. This was a first for my husband. Oh and yeah, either the concrete or the house isn't level! So THAT added to the challenge. But my husband is not one to have a piece of wood knock him down!
Start of Day 4
Coming along!
FINISHED!
And here it is! It turned out phenomenal! His Aunt loves it and so do we!

30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash

• Sherry Lynn Ray Campbell

Did you use a deck sealant to make it not discolor faster...thank you

• Caroline

Well, thanks for that information. I did not know you had to wait. :)

• Speedy

I need to know if this can be done on a vinyl peel and stick tile on the floor? If there is a change in the products used please let me know.

• Linda

What a lovely makeover and how sweet of you and your husband to do this for his aunt.

• Hilary

Beautiful! I think your husband is now a deck designer/builder truck driver!