Laura Trevey
Laura Trevey
  • Richmond, VA

How To Make Decorated Clay Pots for Spring

I’m ready for Spring, so I decided to decorate some clay pots with paint and chalkboard stickers. Fresh herbs in my windowsill makes me happy. See how to make your own http://www.brightboldbeautiful.com/2014/02/11/decorated-clay-pots/ Fever
Get ready for Spring and decorate your own clay pots with paint and chalkboard stickers.
What you need:

Clay pots. I used 6″ clay pots.
Martha Stewart Crafts Gesso – white
Martha Stewart Crafts Acrylic Craft Paint – Beetle Black
Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Finish
Chalkboard Stickers
Chalk marker – I used Craft Smart broad tip – white
What you need: Clay pots. I used 6″ clay pots. Martha Stewart Crafts Gesso – white Martha Stewart Crafts Acrylic Craft Paint – Beetle Black Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Finish Chalkboard Stickers Chalk marker – I used Craft Smart broad tip – white
Using a dry paintbrush, lightly brush white gesso around the outside of the pot, below the rim. Brush lightly and add layers, letting each layer dry in between.
2. Repeat the same technique for the rim of the pot using Beetle Black Paint.

3. Seal with Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Finish.
2. Repeat the same technique for the rim of the pot using Beetle Black Paint. 3. Seal with Martha Stewart Crafts Satin Finish.
Using your marker, write your herb tags and attach your stickers to your pots.
Laura Trevey

• Lotus-e

What is Gesso? And can I use it on Plastic flower Pots?

• Lotus-e

Thank you. I will check out our local stores when I get a chance.