Easiest Concrete Casting Ever!

$1

Use your empty cans and make the coolest concrete vessels. Cost = pennies and no fancy mold... You will have your friends saying 'what the'?! (btw, be patient; apparently I am crashing the servers on my site)
easiest concrete casting ever
Go into your recycle bin and collect those soda and beer cans. Force out the bottom of the can with the end of a broom (easier removal later...) after cutting off the top. (full tutorial here) Make some dents and wrinkles in the can.
easiest concrete casting ever
Quick-setting concrete mix is used here. I use RapidSet Cementall. Mix up a small quantity and be aware you need to work quickly since it sets i minutes. It should be of an easy flowing consistency.
easiest concrete casting ever
Pour into the can and turn to coat all the sides. Continue turning to keep from settling on the bottom. It sets in minutes, be patient. Any extra can be poured into next can.
easiest concrete casting ever
After few minutes it will 'stay put' and you can let it cure for about 1 hour. If the concrete is really thin repeat and pour another layer for reinforcement.
easiest concrete casting ever
Once it is thicker (3mm or so) and it has cured, you can remove the can. Use caution as it is sharp. I like to use tools and rip the sides down in strips. The bottom is slightly more difficult to remove, so pulling strips work best.
easiest concrete casting ever
TADA! The finish is super shiny and quite interesting. You can now add colour of preferred or enjoy as is. You can't get an easier mold than this. I LOVE concrete and have a lot of unique projects
easiest concrete casting ever
Metallic paint seems so appropriate... So cool for so little effort!

Another super simple concrete project just posted: https://www.madebybarb.com/2017/08/21/faux-fossil-forest-coasters/

I just love concrete! Check out my other unique projects
MadeByBarb

• Kincaid99

Love this idea, new look, you can use a different container, not just aluminum, plastic can be concrete shaped too, keep the ideas coming.

• Jojo Snow