Debbie
Debbie
  • Reisterstown, MD

Turning Furniture Into Art With an Octopus Sketch

$75

A simple octopus sketch and an old piece piece of furniture together become a one of a kind piece of art. My recent obsession with octopuses inspired my latest piece of furniture...and anyone can create a piece of art. Here are my simple techniques using either an original sketch or a copy of your favorite image. Take a picture of your own sketch or save an image you find and copy onto transparency paper. Shine up on dresser. A projector allows you to make an image larger or smaller so you can fit your piece of furniture perfectly...and go bold! Oversized images are my favorite!
turning fu
A simple sketch starts is where it starts. I drew my octopus long to fit the dimensions of the dresser I already had.
turning fu
I always turn my sketch into a transparency. This way I can make my image larger or smaller with projector so it can fit the piece perfectly.
turning fu
For this other project of mine, you can see how I use the projector. For this dresser, I used french ephemera from the Graphic Fairy.
Trace up your image with water color pencil in gray...any gray lines you don't remove act as a shadow line and add dimension.
turning fu
I base coated my octopus in gold so when I distressed it would have dimension. I used random blues and teals and teals I had on hand to paint him.
turning fu

Debbie

• Sunny

This is so cool!! Great idea for my ugly storage cabinet I have by my pool! Thanks!!! 🐙

• Sheilah Perry-rosales

For the older generation we used to do this in school on the bulletin board.