TheKimSixFix
TheKimSixFix
  • San Francisco, CA

Easy Custom DIY Baby/Pet Gate

It was time for me to admit my house needed to be baby proofed, including installing gates on the top and bottom of the steps. The gate needed to be easily opened by my other kids, self-closing and auto-latching. I also wanted it to be prettier than you average plastic baby gate. The obvious answer? DIY it! Using less than $50 in supplies, I was able to create a custom baby gate which blends perfectly with the rest of the decor in my house, and is super functional. For more details and additional photos please see: http://www.thekimsixfix.com/2014/02/easy-custom-diy-baby-gate.html
All that is required is a single sheet of plywood, some 1x6 boards and the hardware
The assembly is straightforward, and doesn't require any miters or difficult measurements.
This gate latch is the perfect solution for older children. Easy to open and automatically latching when the gate is closed
FOR FULL REVEAL: http://www.thekimsixfix.com/2014/02/easy-custom-diy-baby-gate.html

TheKimSixFix

1 comment
  • Cindymay3

I love this gate for my 2 and 4 legged babies. The instructions don't say anything about the trim pieces on the top and bottom. How is this finished off