Mind Blowing Make Over of Barn Wood Bath Cabinets

My home in the mountains of Northern Idaho was awesome, but it wasn't my style. Especially these ugly cabinets in the master bath. I'm a "traditional" gal who likes elegant decorating. Barn wood just doesn't suit me. But they were of quality construction so why replace them?
Instead, I redid them and was elated with the results! In fact, when I sold the home the new buyers were fanatic over these bathroom cabinets!
So proving (as Hometalk is so known for!) that you can take anything ugly and turn it in to high end beauty with just a little imagination, a little labor and paint.
The cabinets before were super rustic barn wood that had been hard glued on to the surface of the cabinet framing.
My and my trusty hammer pulled, chopped and removed as much of the high profile on the barn wood as possible.
Oak panels were cut and glued in to the panel insets, covering the barn wood and creating a new, flat surface.
After priming and painting the inserts and drawers with a chocolate brown cabinet paint, I then added our Elegance Wallpaper stencil with a roller and metallic gold paint.
The pattern worked perfectly for repeating over the large inserts and creating a bit of drama. The same design was also used on the front and drawers as well.
Plaster molds are great for creating a beautiful ornament for cabinets and furniture. I only need one medallion to affix to the center of the door to complete the look.
The make over was dramatic and the results were beautiful! So the next time you feel compelled to do something with those old cabinets, don't tear them out, re-do them!