Drab to Delightful Dresser Revival

$50.00

A nice creamy white paint, painted hardware and a decoupage surface brought this old fella back to life! She, (yes, I believe pieces can morph from male to female and vice versa!) is one of those pieces which I could easily find a spot for in my dressing room, but my youngest needs new soccer shoes!
I used four coats of a creamy white for the body of the piece, sealed it with poly and then waxed.
He sat in this corner for months before I hauled him upstairs for a makeover.  (Broke my dang big toe in 2 places when it toppled half way up!! - hope it heals before flip flop weather!)
He sat in this corner for months before I hauled him upstairs for a makeover. (Broke my dang big toe in 2 places when it toppled half way up!! - hope it heals before flip flop weather!)
Love this!  My pal works for a large paint company which sells Wallpaper I could never afford a roll of!  She gave me a book and I selected three designs to apply to the surface.
Love this! My pal works for a large paint company which sells Wallpaper I could never afford a roll of! She gave me a book and I selected three designs to apply to the surface.
The detailing in the paper is simply lovely.
And the stencil looks beautiful!
And the stencil looks beautiful!
The hardware was tired and not very pleasing to the eye so I sprayed them and sealed them with 3 coats of poly.

Tana, Little Red Bag Productions

• Millies_mom47

You don't say much about this project. So is the top of the dresser under the wall paper a different colour paint that the rest? What type of paint did you use, a matte and eggshell and what was it you sealed it with? It's beautiful but not much in the instruction part. Did you have to sand down the dresser first? Was it a solid wood dresser or one of those veneer type?
  • Millies_mom47

I also forgot to ask - how did you apply the wallpaper? Did you mod podge it or use wallpaper paste or is it self-adhesive? Was it 3 different types of wallpaper or 3 different kinds? I'm new to DIYing so all this is new to me. And there's not much info to work with.
  • Sharon

Why does the link to your blog take me to a French clothing site?