Christina
Christina
  • Saint Paul, MN

Garage Ball Storage

$30

Our garage is filled with soccer balls, footballs, basketballs, volleyballs.. random balls, haha! We needed organization ASAP. I will show you how to create your own sports ball storage to keep them all in one place.
garage ball storage
You will need a top square and a bottom square made out of 1x3's. Create the box as big as you want depending on how many balls you plan to store in it. Use wood screws to attach the pieces together. The bottom square needs to be closed with plywood so the balls don't come out of the bottom. We used some plywood sheet we had left over and attached it to the top of the bottom box.
garage ball storage
Using a level and drill, screw your top square into the wall making sure it's level. We attached it into the corner to give it extra hold on the wall. The bottom piece should be attached to the wall with the plywood on top and little longer than the length of your bungee cords so they stretch when they're attached.
garage ball storage
Use a 2x2 to brace the square pieces. Screw it on the side while the 2x2 is on the ground so it supports the storage unit. Put on the bungee cords and you're done! It works great and now we have a place for all the random sports balls in the garage! Check out Mommy's Tool Belt for the full tutorial.
garage ball storage

Christina

• Jewellmartin

We don't have any athletic equipment or balls to store, but this is too good an idea to ignore. No pets, so no pet food. Do you have ideas on how else to use your creation? Best wishes 😇
    • Carrie Dubrock

I'm interested too but my kids are grown up and out of the house....other uses would be appreciated:) I love love love this creative idea!!!

• Ethel Kirkpatrick

Looks great! Works great! Nice job!
  • Mary jane

Speaking of bungee cords and containing items listen to this one! We bought a 1K worth of beef for our stand up freezer. Took a bunch of bungee cords and made a spider web design on the edge of the racks to keep the meat from falling out. Worked beautifully but the kids thought I was out of my mind till they went to retrieve something from the freezer and didn't have anything fall on their feet. I cream is important you know!