How do I remove pleated window shades that have broken strings?

+7
Brand is Kirshner, ~15 yrs old. String is inside the pleated shade on both side. I can't see a mechanism to release the entire shade from what is holding it at the top. Thank you.
q how do i remove pleated window shades that have broken strings
String on left still working.
String on Rt not working & holding mechanism.
  • Gary B Gary B on Aug 11, 2017
    Remove the keepers at the sides at the top and look inside the top of the frame looks like the right string broke off at the bottom and should be fixable
  • Fong-Lie Bavelaar Fong-Lie Bavelaar on Aug 11, 2017
    While taking out the old string, pull the new one in. I got rid of all my shades, went over to regular curtains, easier to wash, less hassle. Good luck to you
  • Rc Shoe Rc Shoe on Aug 11, 2017
    If the brand is "Kirsch", they have a website that may help
  • Mom26926579 Mom26926579 on Aug 11, 2017
    Thank you! Yes, it is Kirsch.

• SharylP SharylP on Aug 12, 2017
    I suggest that instead of removing and replacing them (which can be a very expensive options, depending on their size), you check locally to see whether there is someone who does blind repairs. We did this recently with a very large pleated shade on our living-room window, and having it repaired cost something like $40, in contrast to the $300-plus that replacing it would have cost.

• Eloise Eloise on Aug 12, 2017
    There are several videos on YouTube that may help. Worth checking out. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=remove+pleated+window+shades+with+broken+cord
  • Nancy Jenkins Nancy Jenkins on Aug 12, 2017
    Mine fell down, pull did not break just fell when I pulled to close blind. The blind was put on a not so secure piece of wood which I cannot get it off and put back up and keep Library window from falling out into room. Using some old rulers to keep the window from falling and painters tape. Using a beach towel over window for now.
  • Ptrish Ptrish on Aug 12, 2017
    There are videos available on youtube to take down and repair independently good luck
  • Sharon Sharon on Aug 12, 2017
    Here's some instructions on how to remove. I had mine restrung after someone cut one of the strings off.... https://www.blindschalet.com/aqq-152-remove-honeycomb-cell-shades.html
  • Carol Carol on Aug 13, 2017
    You can undo the shade from the mounting brackets and stack by hand. Search pleated shade repair kits online. Pretty easy to repair. I fixed my shades between the glass in my Pella French door this way. I used the surface of my bed to keep the shade all together as I followed the kit instructions. Didn't cost much against what a new blind would have cost me from Pella.