Lighted Canopy $10

$10

I recently redecorated my daughters room. I wanted a simple but awesome looking canopy over her day bed. This is by far one of the easiest projects I've ever done. And all for $10!!!
Before picture.
Box of Command Strips at the dollar store for $4.
Hung these on both the wall and the ceiling.
Hung two sets of curtain rods on the wall at the head of the bed. I used extra curtain rods I already owed. Which is why they're mismatched. You don't even notice when the project is complete.
Hung Christmas lights from the hooks on the walls and ceiling. I used old lights I already owned.
Hung two sheer panels of 84" length curtains from both sets of curtain rods. I then pinned the ends over the lights on the ceiling and secured them with flat tacks.
Purchased the curtains for $6 on Amazon.
The finished product!
My daughter is in love!!!

• Sheer Curtains $6  (Amazon)
  • Christmas Lights $0  (Already Owned)
  • 2 Curtain Rods $0  (Already Owned)

15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions

To see more: https://m.facebook.com/kimberkersey#!/kimberkersey

• Jean Cooper
    Jean Cooper

Cant that catch fire easily?
    • Kel
      Kel

Easy now. Most of us are old enough to think of regular xmas lights when we think of ones we already have. No one is doubting her taste, just being thoughtful of safety. I'd rather a couple folks asked than no one ask.

• Msd32035194
    Msd32035194

Why do you need two curtain rods?

• Jennifer Blue
    Jennifer Blue

Pretty i love it..i have an actual canopy for my daughters daybed but i havent hung it cause we have ceining heat and i cant put anything in the ceiling ..i always firget about the command strips , did they come with hooks like in your picture?

• Barbara
      Barbara

You can buy them either way. They are great for hanging almost anything lightweight. Velcro also works great.

• Susan Herring Coscia
    Susan Herring Coscia

Love this.

• Tammy
    Tammy

I love this. I might try it in my own room as I have a very tall headboard and an uncentered window behind it. This would be a great way to cover the window. I’m checking if my Christmas lights, they do get hot, are led. I just got them last Christmas but at the dollar store. Thank you for sharing this! It’s beautiful! 🤩