Fix Burnt Grass & Dog Urine Spots With This Easy Solution!

$2

Summer is a beautiful time of year to sit out and relax in your yard. But the suns rays can do some major damage to your lawn. And what about those furry friends? Experts say, certain PH levels found in dog pee can leave unsightly brown spots that stick out like a sore thumb! Solve both of these problems in snap.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.

Solution #1 - Brown, burnt grass? Try this simple solution.

All you need is some epsom salts and baking soda.

Step 1) Grab some epsom salts.

Step 2) Sprinkle epsom salts all over the burnt grass area. Watch how much I use in the video below.

Step 3) Water the area regularly until the grass begins to turn green and come alive again.

Solution #2 - The PH levels in dog urine can leave brown patches in the grass. Want to fix it? Try this!

Step 1) Mix a solution made up of 1 gallon of water and 2 TBSP of baking soda.

Step 2) Pour the entire solution over the burnt spot. Watch the video below to see how much my grass had improved in one week!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Epsom Salt By Sky Organics (5 LBS)- 100% Pure Magnesium...

• Peter

How often do I put the dog urine solution down! Daily? Weekly? 1x a day? So on and so forth! Thank you

• RJP

If the treatment is required more than one application, I am certain the instructions would have indicated. After the initial application, if there is no improvement, additional applications might be indicated.

• Lois Linsley

yes I will try it but I need to know how often you apply it

• Anne

Looks like I’ll be trying this, this weekend.

Question how many times do I have to apply??

Thank you,

Anne

• Marsha King

WOW--I can sure use this with my 2 fur babies. How often do you apply the soda/water--how often each day do you water? How often do you apply the Epsom Salts and how often each day do you water it?

Thank you for this great idea!!!

I look forward to hearing the answers!!!

• Jenna

Training your dog is the only long-term solution, Janet.

I love my dog so much but it constantly did the things that irked me most. It would chew on things that it shouldn’t or jump up and down out of the blue. Whenever I put on the leash, it would pull on it. Whenever it was out of the house, it would continue digging on the ground - I wish I could tell what it was looking for down there. The same goes for all the nasty urine.

All the things it did left me feeling depressed as if I failed it monumentally.

But since I discovered Brain Training for Dogs and applied the system offered, it now behaves the way a beautiful dog I always expect of.