Julien K., Hometalk Team
Julien K., Hometalk Team
  • Fairfield, CT

Fix Burnt Grass & Dog Urine Spots With This Easy Solution!

$2

Summer is a beautiful time of year to sit out and relax in your yard. But the suns rays can do some major damage to your lawn. And what about those furry friends? Experts say, certain PH levels found in dog pee can leave unsightly brown spots that stick out like a sore thumb! Solve both of these problems in snap.

We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
fix burnt grass dog urine spots with this easy solution
Solution #1 - Brown, burnt grass? Try this simple solution.
All you need is some epsom salts and baking soda.
Step 1) Grab some epsom salts.
Step 2) Sprinkle epsom salts all over the burnt grass area. Watch how much I use in the video below.
Step 3) Water the area regularly until the grass begins to turn green and come alive again.
Solution #2 - The PH levels in dog urine can leave brown patches in the grass. Want to fix it? Try this!
Step 1) Mix a solution made up of 1 gallon of water and 2 TBSP of baking soda.
Step 2) Pour the entire solution over the burnt spot. Watch the video below to see how much my grass had improved in one week!

• Alex

Do you use both solutions one after the other? Or, is this two different solutions to try separately? How often should we repeat?

• Barb

Epsom salts for regular brown spots. Baking soda for dog spots.

• Val33514791

How to get rid of dog urine smell on your grass?

• Tinkerman

Control the dog place a log post with sand around it and take dog to it a few times .might help if you let a non resident dog use it good luck.

• Maepaull

How much epsom salt?

• Lynn Goins

My vet told me to feed my labrador 1 Tblspn of Ketchup every morning. Something in ketchup neutralizes the pee. It works. TIP: My dog won't eat plain ketchup, so I feed it to him on leftover meat or hotdogs.

• Carole

YES, I WILL TRY THIS. THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING.

BLESSINGS,

CAROLE