Mix & Match Dining Set Gets a Make-over

$20

Back again to our little house in Portella, Lazio, Italy - we had collected a mishmash of unwanted and not very loved furniture sent over from our home in Scotland and finally, I found the time to give the functional, but not very pretty dining set some TLC.
mix match dining set gets a make over
This is the oak veneer table and pine chairs that are perfectly functional and actually not that ugly, but I knew that they needed work
mix match dining set gets a make over
My plan was to unite these pieces by chalk painting the chairs and the base of the table the same off-white colour. I started by removing the rattan bases on the chairs
mix match dining set gets a make over
After painting, I waxed the chairs, first with Annie Sloan clear wax, then with Annie Sloan dark wax. The dark wax was used to highlight the edges and ends of the pieces.
mix match dining set gets a make over
Next, using the exact same technique, I turned the table up-side down and finished the legs in the same way.
mix match dining set gets a make over
I finished the top of the table by waxing it with the clear wax, just to give it a finer finish.

mix match dining set gets a make over
Now, we really look forward to great Italian meals around our renovated table.
mix match dining set gets a make over
Time to enjoy "Aperitivo"!

• Homemade Chalk paint in Antique White  (Left-over paint mixed with Calcium Carbonate (from Amazon))
  • Annie Sloan Clear Wax  (Online)
  • Annie Sloan Dark Wax  (Online)
Catherine Di Placido

• Rachel Atkins

Start working from home! Great job for students, stay-at-home moms or anyone who needs an extra income.. You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection... Make $90 hourly and up to $12k a month... You can have your first check by the end of this week. Go this Site and START your work.. Good Luck.... http://www.Jobzon3.com
  • Becky Fortin

thats exactly what I want to do to my set! turned out GREAT!!!!