Rustic Crate With Paint and Starfish

$5

I bought this crate from an auction and had to find something to do with it. I also had this wallpaper border that I have had for a very long time-too long! They made the perfect pair!
The crate started out as plain wood, so I painted it with Benjamin Moore Simply White. I didn't cover it real well, wanting some of the wood and roughness to show through.
The wallpaper border is the old kind of wallpaper, the kind you need water for. I measured out a piece to fit inside the crate.
I cut the piece a little longer than what I needed. I placed it in water in my sink and laid it inside the crate where I wanted it to be. I used a spatula to squeeze out any excess water and to lay down the edges. Once the wallpaper was dry, I used a razor blade to cut off the excess.
Then is the fun of displaying it! I added some starfish and candles to it. I plan on using this in my bathroom once my bathroom is complete.
More seashells and a lantern complete the look! If you would like to see more ideas with seashells, head on over to my blog, homeonthecorner.com.

• Crate
  • Wallpaper
  • Paint

26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Pam Smith

1 comment