How to Build a Shiplap Headboard

$75

I recently refinished a few pieces of bedroom furniture for a client who wanted a beachy vibe in her master bedroom. She also wanted a shiplap headboard to complete the look. So I built her one.!

This was one of those happy projects that was easier than I thought it would be - love those! - and it turned out to be a very do-able DIY project.

In fact, I was so happy with how this turned out, I think I'll be making a couple of these for our new house.  
I built a queen size headboard, so I needed 2 boxes of wall boards, a piece of plywood cut to size -- get the exact dimensions and full supply list in my blog post.
I started by lining the ends with a vertical board.  Then I just started filling in the center.  Be sure to stagger your cuts so the boards look random.  
The "shiplap look" needs nails so I glued and nailed each board right to the plywood.  
The process didn't take long at all.  I knew I wanted a cap for the top to finish it off.  I had a piece of raw pine, but I needed it to match - so I pulled out my sandpaper and my FAVORITE GLAZE & WHITE PAINT. Get those products on my blog - I use this white paint for all my farmhouse furniture. LOVE IT!
See the top cap matches perfectly!

My original blog post has some tips for how to "hang" the headboard.
See how quick and easy that was??  Imagine it on a navy wall with a pair of sconces on either side!!  Love it!
More fun projects coming your way!! Sign up for my blog here- where I take on many furniture transformations and easy build-it projects.

And click the blog link below to see more of this project + extra tips!

• Wall board
  • Paint
  • Nail

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
The Best Industrial Style DIY Ideas For Your Home Using Pipes
Jenni Ingram