5 Simple {But Effective} Steps to a Room Makeover

$100

Have you ever wanted to give a room in your home a makeover but lacked the confidence? Maybe you gave up all hope and figured it was best to just hire an interior designer, but who can afford one of those luxuries right? Today, I'm going to share with you my 5 simple but effective steps to a room makeover.
I must admit, when we moved into our home 3 years ago, I did just the basics as far as decorating was concerned. I hung a few pictures, arranged the furniture just so, and painted a room or two. Our home was truly move in ready, but it lacked our personal mark. Oh sure, I made it work and always received compliments about how I decorated it, but now I'm ready to add our personal touch. Sometimes redecorating a whole house let alone a room can be overwhelming. I'm a list maker and I need visual direction in order to function. So, true to my nature I created a list; 5 simple {But Effective} steps to a room makeover. Please join me over at Life Up On The Hill for more details.
{BEFORE}
CLEAR & CLEAN! 
  1. Remove everything from the room except the main pieces of furniture
  2. Take down those curtains
  3. Deep clean
Gather Inspiration!
  1. Start an inspiration board
  2. Choose colors and elements
Color Me Happy!
  1. Paint those walls
  2. Paint any accent furniture
Shop Til Ya Drop!
  1. Shop your home first
  2. Go out shopping
Style Me Pretty!
Now that we've cleaned the room, gathered inspiration, decided color scheme and painted the walls/furniture, shopped till we dropped, NOW we can start to put it all together.  This is the fun part!  I get all giddy here!  Let's hang those beautiful curtains, you made or purchased, add the perfect sheets/bedding if it's the bedroom, set the lamps in their place, add and fluff the pillows.  Place all the cute decor items you've found in just the right place, hang all the pictures/mirrors.

I truly hope that you have been inspired by these 5 simple {But Effective} steps to a room makeover and will utilize these steps for every room in your home.
Join me over at Life Up On The Hill for more home decor!

Life Up On The Hill