Make Art With Nature! Sun Prints

837 Views
With fall approaching, I'm ready to start bringing nature inside. It won't be long before all the leaves are gone. Sunprints are the perfect way to remember those pretty leaves! Plus, the blue paper is gorgeous and looks much more expensive than it is. Best of all, this is a kid friendly art project that looks great! It's the perfect art piece to go with trendy indigo!
Time: 10 MinutesCost: $10Difficulty: Easy
Go for a nature walk. Gather leaves. Try to find a variety of shapes.
On a sheet of cardboard, place a sheet on sunprint paper (blue side UP), then your leaves, then the piece of acrylic. Lay it in a sunny spot with no shadows.
Let it sit for 1-5 minutes. The paper will start to fade. When the paper turns light blue, it's done.
Take it inside and gently remove the leaves and acrylic. This is the reverse of how it will look.
Rinse the paper and watch as it magically changes color.
Let dry on paper towels. If it needs to be flattened, place it under heavy books for a few hours.
Once dry, you can frame them. The blue darkens to such a pretty shade! I love how they look with these barnwood frames from HomeGoods!
  • make art with nature sun prints
For more details, click here. 

Suggested materials for this project:

• Sunprint paper  (amazon)
  • Leaves  (nature)
Emy Flint | Semigloss Design

Ask a Question