Simple Jean Purse

$7

Here is a super easy tutorial to make a purse from a kid's size jean skirt. You can use an adult or teen size if you like, any style, color & type of ribbon you like, add other accessories if you want & make this as elaborate as you'd like. But this is a very quick & simple project you can do with ultra heat bond, some ribbon, a flat iron & scissors.
Our super cute skirt that we will turn into a purse!
Our supplies- flat iron with adjustable temp, scissors, ribbon, ultra heat bond, thread(ended up not using).
Our heat bond ultra, to make sure we have a good, strong hold. Since we are working with denim, I didn't want take any chances. The package says to use an iron on medium, but since I'm using my flat iron with an adjustable dial- I cranked it up full blast to 350. I still followed the directions & it worked exactly as it should.
Use your heat bond all along the bottom seam, so you have a nice tight seal.
I started with my heat bond on the ribbon, finished it on the jeans.
Make sure you get a good, strong bond on the inside. No sewing needed, like I'd hoped! The heat bond package actually states, do not sew through the product. So if it does not bond, try again.
Our finished project! Isn't it cute? & super easy!!

• Jean skirt(kid's size  (listia(auction site))
  • Heat bond ultra  (walmart)
  • Flat iron  (had on hand)

3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts

• Judi Simes Sargent
    Judi Simes Sargent

That is too cute and I love the no sew part. Only thing I am going to do is add a snap closure as I am always tipping my purses over when I set them down anywhere lol. Thank you for the idea and for sharing.
  • Missy Burch
    Missy Burch

judi that's a great addition! I kept it super simple for a reason. I don't sew other than using a needle & thread. so I wanted something for those as basic as me! LOL but you can add snaps, a velcro closure, buttons, or anything else your creativity can come up with. that's what's great about our community- we all come together & share our ideas!