Asked on Aug 18, 2017

Santa Mop Head Instructions

MommaJanetLinda
+30

Does anyone know where I can find instructions for this specific Santa mop head project? I've been unable to find anything except the image in my searches. I've tried using the Google image search, but frankly I've never gotten good results on that search engine. I'd appreciate the assistance, thanks!

the blog has been removed
    • Malia Vickers Allen

I made this years ago ..cant remeber how to make..love it..i know how to do all except how to do hair line directly inder hat across forhead..please if u find please send to me at..maliaanneallen@gmail.com

First pinterest,that dreamtime,that a few other sited and it all said the same.Sorry Maybe send dreamtime a email and ask them for the directions. There are similar ones on pinterest
  • Momma

PLEASE!!!! Post Instructions here after you make one! I'm positive you'll find the instructions! (I'm also looking for them for you)
    • Artemis

I'm pretty sure I can figure it out and will post once done. Thanks for looking.
  • Kaye

Me too. I don't suppose we could wing it? Although I really get into trouble on that idea. Any ideas on the mop head to buy?
    • Artemis

I've found several sites, so far, that have mop heads that we could use. I've not exhausted the search; looking for the best deal as I'll probably make more than one.
  • Linda

Look on YouTube
  • Pat

This is what I found.
    If you are able to obtain instruction please email me at mrsh5855@gmail.com.

Thank you Pat
  • Des28434385

Joanne's Fabric, Michaels, Hobby Lobby may have instructionals. It's cute! I'm looking for instructions now too!!!
  • Diane Babcock

Ok, I think I can figure it out by the picture. I used to make mop dolls, so it shouldn't be too hard. To me, it looks like the "head/face" portion is made with muslin fabric and stuffed (just like you would for a mop doll head, only bigger). You would also make a circle of muslin & stuff it for the nose. You would attach the face to the top of the mop head using glue and take several strands of the mop (evenly distributed across the top and divide them in half, twisting one half one way and the other in the opposite direction. You would glue the ends to the sides to make the mustache and glue the nose in the center. You glue the google eyes above the nose. Take some red fabric and make a cone shape for the hat, sew or glue on a jingle bell and attach the hat to the head. You will need to trim the beard so that it is not all scraggly and take the trimmed off ends to glue to the edge of the hat for the "fur" trim, attach a sprig of mistletoe for trim and you can either attach a ribbon on the back for hanging or use a couple of the mop strands in the back for the hanging loop. Personally, I would take some blush and make his cheeks pink and maybe a touch on the nose. Hope this helps. I didn't make it yet, but just from looking at the picture, that's how I would do it.
  • Kaye

Let me know. I did find a gnome tutorial but it isn't as cute.
  • Linda

What about Pinterest
  • Momma

Hi Artemis - thanks for replying. I just noticed we are almost neighbors! If you know of any craft groups in the area, I would be interested. I haven't been down here too long, and am looking for things to do.
    • Artemis

I lived in Largo for many years and go back to my Great Grandmother, who was a business woman, in her day, in Largo.

I don't participate in any crafting groups, but I'm sure there are some. Google "craft groups in largo" to see what's available.
  • Janet

I have made santas out of clorox jugs. Maybe you can find instruction for that one in the meantime. They have beautiful beards made out of yarn floating eyes, red felt hats and rosy cheeks. Hope you will find this one. I love mine my aunt made it for me 20 years ago.
    • Artemis

Actually, I made one of those many, many years ago; not sure what happened to it. I did a search on Google and there are a few with instructions. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
  • Momma

Thanks Artemis!