Bejewled Bathroom Mirror

30K Views
I have had a hideous bathroom mirror for almost 4 years - it just had a plain wood frame. I had never even thought of DIYing it, until I saw this post on Hometalk and decided to give it a go!
We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Time: 2 HoursCost: $70Difficulty: Easy
  • bejewled bathroom mirror
After seeing Roma Loma's project, I just searched for all those items on Amazon, and found the following:
I ended up buying everything on Amazon, except the gems, because a friend ended up giving me some for free!

Above, is my 'before' photo

Step 1: Covered the mirror with paper, so that the spray paint wouldn't get the mirror dirty.
  • bejewled bathroom mirror
Step 2: Went outside to spray paint! DH won't let me spray paint in the house anymore :(
  • bejewled bathroom mirror
Here's the mirror when it was all painted.
  • bejewled bathroom mirror
Step 3: Lay out your gems.
  • bejewled bathroom mirror
Step 4: Get gluing! I layed down a little bit of glue at a time, and shmeared it so the whole frame was covered. I did a few inches at a time. Glue, shmear, place gems, repeat!
  • bejewled bathroom mirror
Roma Loma used a popsicle stick to shmear the glue, but I used a straw!

• bejewled bathroom mirror
  • bejewled bathroom mirror
Finished product!
  • bejewled bathroom mirror
Close up!
  • bejewled bathroom mirror
Here it is hung up in my bathroom! So excited to brush my teeth in front of this :)

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 18, 2018 11:24 AM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Lea Grossman