Cara
Cara
  • Tutorial Team
  • Chicago, IL

Simple Magnetic Hooks

$1

I was searching for magnetic hooks for my fridge and couldn't find any so I decided to make my own. I simply used some hooks, magnets, and glue! Add a little spray paint and done!
dollar store hooks turned decadent
Step 1: Pick up some simple hooks

I got these plastic ones from the dollar store
dollar store hooks turned decadent
Step 2 (Optional) Paint the hooks

I chose to spray paint the hooks gold because I thought that color would look good in my kitchen.
dollar store hooks turned decadent
Step 3: Attach the magnet with some glue

To keep this project simple I cut up some old restaurant magnets and glued those on. I'm always happy to find budget solutions, bonus if you get to recycle something you already have.

*If you don't have any magnets you can easily buy sheets of magnets from the craft store.

dollar store hooks turned decadent
Step 4: Hang them up!

After the glue dries hang up the hooks on the fridge. I love the way it looks and it allows me a place to hang my pot holders.

The best part is that you can move them around wherever you like. Hope you are inspired to do it yourself!

• Hooks  (Dollar Tree)
  • Glue
  • Spray Paint

• Alice

Am I missing something? Where did you get those pretty flowers from? Really nice!
    • Cara

Yes the hooks I bought had flowers on them.
  • Carol

Hello, where did you find the flowers you used? They looked plastic too.
    • Cara

They are plastic, they're attatched to the hooks. I bought them from my local dollar store, you might find something similar for bathroom hooks

• Patty G

I love this idea! They look very much like some vintage magnetic hooks I picked up at a thrift store and have been searching for more, with no luck. Excited not to make my own!! Thank you for the great idea!
    • Cara

Thanks Patty, I love things with vintage vibes I would love to see how it looks.

• Mary Gordon

Great idea. Love the gold. Create different color hooks for each child to display their notices and stuff. I can see them competing about their beautiful hooks!