Quick and Easy Ways to Spruce up Your Front Porch

$30

Our north-facing front steps take a lot of abuse in wet weather, making our entryway look dingy and dirty. With a little help from some spray paint, the power washer, and colorful flowers, I created a bright and cheerful entryway with major curb appeal!

I added some new petunias and daisies to the pot, and place it back in its position on the corner of the steps. The clean concrete, fresh coat of paint and new flowers made a big difference in the curb appeal of our home! Now it's the perfect place to relax during the long summer evenings and watch the kids play in the front yard!

Get the tutorial at The Handyman's Daughter here - http://www.thehandymansdaughter.com/2017/05/04/spruce-up-front-porch-spring/

• Stuff
  • More stuff

Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
Vineta @ The Handyman's Daughter

• Susan Gardner

I like that color of yellow. Can you tell me what kind and color of yellow paint that is?
    • June

There is a link to the color right above the picture of the flower pot.
  • Jennifer Taylor

Did you consider, or would it make any difference if you used a concrete sealer? Wouldn't that help prevent build up of mildew and dirt? Or maybe painting it with skid resistant concrete paint? Either will make your hard work last longer!
    great job, looks great!
    • Van19103281

Sealants don't work. Don't waste your money. I spent the money and sealed all the concrete around our pool in Florida. Didn't prevent any mold. Had to power wash every year. Didn't use any fancy cleaner prior to washing. Waste of money if you ask me.
  • Cev29708440

How do you get the white stains off of brick? They seem to come from the water leaching out of a large pot. We have tried power washing with no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks. Carol
    • TW

Lisa Elias is correct. Make sure to use EXACTLY as directed. Muratic acid is not forgiving. It actually eats up the concrete, so you have to be attentive to what you're doing.

• Nilda Alamo

Use Clorox over night and is easier save some scrob ing
  • Michelle

Love it unfortunately I tried to put potted flowers out on my stoop and the squirrels dig and hide their nuts, my neighbors don't have this problem. So I gave up on flowers trying to come up wth ideas for tiny stoop