Use Olive Oil to Clean 5 Household Items.

$10

Eco-friendly cleaning products are always a favorite in my household. Why? I have young children and pets. Someone is always touching something or putting their mouth on household objects and I can never be too safe with the products I use to keep my house neat and tidy. This solution is a safe option with excellent results!

Hack #1 - Clean your cast iron pan.

Combine approximately 1 Tbsp of olive oil, with sea salt in the pan. Using a dish brush, scrub the mixture vigorously around the pan. Rinse with water. Watch how quickly the caked on food, falls off of the pan in the video at the bottom of the page!

Hack #2 - Clean stainless steel appliances.

Pour a small amount of olive oil onto a rag or cloth. Wipe in a swirl motion to get rid of dirt and grime. Your appliances will sparkle!

Hack #3 - Polish wood surfaces.

Create a mixture with 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1/2 Tbsp of white vinegar.

Place a small amount on a soft cloth and gently rub it into the wood surface. Ensure to polish in the same direction as the grain of wood for best results. You won't believe how revived this table looks. See for yourself by watching the video below!

Hack #4 - Remove dried paint from your skin.

Pour a small amount of olive oil onto a cloth and rub the painted areas thoroughly with olive oil. Rinse clean with water. The paint is gone and your hands will be smoother than ever!

Hack #5 - Shine wicker and rattan furniture.

Pour a small amount of olive oil onto a cloth and polish. So fresh and so clean! Check out the results in the video below.

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
30 Gorgeous Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows

• Sue in wy
    Sue in wy

Will oil turn rancid and smell bad? (Could I use old oil?)
  • Alice
    Alice

How does olive oil does differ from say vegetable oil’s in this application?

• Ron33705092
    Ron33705092

doesn’t olive oil become rancid?

• Sjt29229935
      Sjt29229935

I, too, agree with the possibility of olive oil becoming rancid. I also wonder if it wouldn't be a magnet for dust and eventually turn into a rancid, tacky mess? You could be buying yourself a real headache. There are oils specifically blended for wood furniture, also food grade for chopping blocks. I think, in the long run, they would be the best option.

• Peggy Burnette
    Peggy Burnette

Thank you for the great ideas.

• Ko
    Ko

I always use olive oil on my stainless steel and my stove top. I do it often enough where it doesn't have time to get rancid.